Aging & Related Diseases
- Sirtuin-1 (SIRT1) as a therapeutic target for ageing-related diseases.
- Drug development and evaluation in obesity-related cardio-metabolic diseases and cancer.
- Applying "omics" approaches for biomarker discovery and developments.
- Integrative study of the role of Toll-like receptors in metabolic diseases and their cardiovascular complications.
- Study of immuno-metabolism with a focus on metabolic function of Toll-like receptor mediated by cell signalling events.
- Gut microbiota in the evolutionary development of Toll-like receptor pathways.
- Adipocyte fatty acid binding protein as therapeutic target for obesity-related diseases.
- Identification of novel factors that regulate energy metabolism and have potential therapeutic effects on obesity and its related cardiometabolic complications.